Saturday, February 19, 2011

Petitions...

I spent hours today in my neighborhood, door to door, collecting signatures in order to get my name on the ballot in November. It was a new experience for me going to door to door. There is an apprehension as you approach a new door, knock, and wait. A million things race through your mind, “Is there anyone home? Will they listen to me? Will they agree with what I have to say or not?” Once they do open the door the dialog begins and within seconds you begin your relationship. Sometimes it goes well, other times it is rocky at first. All in all, it was a good day; many people were not home today due to it being a beautiful Saturday. Of those who were home, all of them signed my petition! I arrived home with a good feeling that I had not only collected a good amount of signatures but confident that I succeeded with those whom I spoke with and that I had their support in my venture to be their representative. Tomorrow I will be out and about again hard at work collecting signatures and speaking with neighbors about Augusta County and the Board of Supervisors.

No comments:

Post a Comment