Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the Blog World. For all of those that will be venturing out on the road today, I pray that you have a safe journey.

This morning, while looking through my enormous stack of newspapers, I found this in the Richmond Times Dispatch. The title of the small story was, "The 'Apple' of his eye."

"An early production Apple Macintosh 128 computer presented by Apple to "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry brought $8,260 in recent Profiles in History auction. The circa 1986 computer with 9-inch display was later upgraded by Apple for Roddenberry into a Macintosh Plus."

What a great gift! I am a computer lover, I have about 5 working computers and about 10 stone age computers in various working order under my house. Every now and then I will go to a yard sale and pick up one of these $20 prehistoric beauties just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment